Saturday, February 19, 2011

Living in Paradise.

Currently, we live on the island of Dominica where Emmet pursues his dream of becoming a doctor at Ross University and I teach special education at the elementary school on campus. We have lived here since January 2010 and will be moving back to the US in April 2011. As the entire journey draws to a close in just 2 short months, I find myself being more and more reflective and grateful for all of the ways this country has shaped me.

In the next couple of posts, I hope to convey a snapshot of the past 16 months of our life, as we took off 2 weeks after our wedding and moved to a Caribbean island to begin our life as Mr. and Mrs. Ferriter. The beauty we have seen and felt, in the landscape and the people we have met here, has changed our lives forever.

1 comment:

  1. What a great first post. I couldn't agree with you more. The friendship that we have made makes me so happy that we met along this great journey. I'm sure we'll be friends for a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete