Saturday, July 2, 2011

A look at the new Lake House

When Emmet and I arrived from Dominica this past spring, my parents surprised my sisters and me with the news that they had purchased a house at Hulett's Landing on Lake George. For decades, we have stayed at my Dad's parents house whenever we went up there. And although my "Nanny and Grandpa's" will always have that cozy feel of a cottage filled with miscellaneous objects and familiar nooks and crannies, the extended Gorman family was, I might say, literally "growing out of it."


The children of my Dad's five child family have and are having children, and since the Irish tend to only increase exponentially in family size, another house was a fantastic idea and a blessing for sure. Mom and Dad closed on the place within a couple of months and miraculously had it up and running for the first big weekend of summer. So when we found out Emmet had off Friday and Monday of the holiday, we had to make the trip to Lake George for the grand opening of "Larkin's Eire."


 The new house with Dad on the porch reading the paper

 The Gorman Family- Left to Right Patty, Joanne, Joe, Dennis and Dad

 My cousin Erica with her three children, Luke, Cassidy and Riley

 Luke breaking in my Mom's new tub

 First gathering in the new backyard

 Dad on the grill, FDNY scoping out her new territory

 Mom and Cassidy getting out the strawberry shortcake

 Emmet with Pat and Joe
Kids loving the hammock with Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment