Friday, August 22, 2014

Last Trip up to the Lake for 2014














I looked at the month of August on the calendar a million times to try and squeeze one last trip up to Lake George in this year. When Aunt Patty agreed to be my driving buddy to and from, I had no excuse. It seems we had the four most beautiful days of the summer there, 85 and sunny. The girls were in heaven, as was I, although we missed Emmet, of course.






These above four pictures are taken on my Uncle Patrick's front lawn. He has the best location, in my opinion, on the whole landing, with the brooke alongside on the left, meeting the lake in front. Keeley loved climbing up the brooke in her bare feet, feeling the different temperatures of the water as she changed spots.






This is my grandmother and grandfather's cottage, still looking pretty much the same after all these years. I love meeting Uncle Dennis on the porch every morning when I go for my early morning walk with the girls.









Building sand castles is big for Keeley now, and Cora just likes to ingest as much sand as possible until I move her onto the grass.






Here are my power team of helpers, my Mom, Aunt Patty and Uncle Dennis, all of whom took turns helping me with the girls so I could have fun at Huletts, too. This picture of Aunt Patty in her 30 year old throw back neon sunglasses is my favorite one of the week.







Below, Papa takes Keels for her last ice cream cone at the Soda Fountain, until next year. I'm not sure who is more excited :)




No comments:

Post a Comment