Sunday, October 26, 2014

Long Island Visit

When a few months go by and I haven't been home to West Babylon, I start to get the homesick feeling that I need to see my parents and grandparents. My Mom and Dad always make a point to come see us in CT, but sometimes you need to sit in your childhood bedroom or stand in your old backyard in order to get that peace of mind that makes you feel yourself again. That seems to never go away, no matter how old I get. Only now, when I make the trip to Long Island, I have the benefit of bringing two little girls in the backseat behind me who wake up at the toll booth before the bridge religiously, and jump and squeal under their seat belts in South State Parkway traffic, even more excited than I am to soon arrive at "Nanny and Papa's house."




 Stories with Nanny on the couch


 Raking leaves with Papa



A swing ride at Belmont Lake

Four generations :) So happy that my grandparents moved in next door to my Mom and Dad. Everyone who makes the traffic bearable just got a lot closer together. And that makes it easier than ever to share a cup of tea with Grammy and Grandpa Fitz and snag some cookies and funny lines from the New Yorkers I love most.

No comments:

Post a Comment