Friday, June 17, 2011

Meeting up with the girls in New England

As always on our weekend trips in the Northeast, we managed to squeeze in a lot of visiting. My first stop the morning after we arrived was my best friend Danielle's house in Westfield, MA, who gave birth 3 weeks ago. I zipped up in our rental car through the scenic roads of northern CT and ended up with Danielle and Nolan by 11 a.m. He was quite the angel, sleeping the entire time on my shoulder. It was so much fun to see my Danielle as a Mommy, and to catch up on all we've missed since the holidays. I know Nolan and our little girl will be little friends someday.

 Hanging out with Nolan Michael Walsh, while his Mom eats her lunch

So sleepy :)



On Saturday, Emmet and the boys had a "gentleman's brunch" at the Iron Frog in Simsbury with Eggs Benedict and Bloody Mary's for all before the wedding. I took the free morning as an opportunity to meet up with my college friend, Meg, in West Hartford. Little did I know who had driven down from Boston but my old roommate Becca! A few egg sandwiches and cups of ice coffee later, we had almost caught up on everything.
My favorite Holy Cross girls in West Hartford Center in front of Harry's Pizza

1 comment: