Wednesday, March 2, 2016

And We're back

After two months of hibernating, nursing this baby, and making sure my scar was healed correctly, I have been dying to move about town on my own with these three to prove to myself that I could do it. My friend Jill calling this week to say she couldn't do our carpool because her kids were sick was just the impetus I needed to get myself in gear and get everyone dressed, fed and out the door to preschool drop off by 9 am. It wasn't easy, but we did it. I can't believe I am looking at this in my rearview now...




Now able to bear some exercise and weight on my lower body, I have been dying to go on our first hike as a family of 5. A 50 degree, sunny day on the weekend made for the perfect opportunity to go to Huntington Park and take Maury on his first outdoor adventure. Emmet and I were on cloud 9, walking through the woods of our favorite local park, with our three children by our side. It feels like we are getting back to our old selves, one week at a time.




Can't get enough of these two explorers- after a winter of bickering indoors, I love to see them loving life as buddies again, outside and free.


No comments:

Post a Comment