Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Potty Training Kid #2

After chasing my little Cora down to change her diaper and listening to her tantrums for months, I was determined to potty train her while I had Emmet home. He walked in the door from taking Keeley skiing Friday, saw Cora in her underwear and looked at me confused: "We're potty training her. I can't do it anymore. She's capable." Poor Emmet. I had put it off for so long already though. She has shown interest since last summer, and clearly understands the process in this house with one bathroom that should not even have a door,with the few times that anyone ever closes it. 

But potty training is never an easy task, and after three days of cleaning up pee pee and encouraging without showing frustration, Emmet and I were exhausted and ready to give up. And then finally, she "got her pee pee in there." This picture is worth a thousand words. And once she got it in once, she continued to get it in the whole day, and ever finished her potty chart which will earn her a new puzzle tomorrow in town :) I'm sure it will take a few weeks to really get it down, but the hardest work has been done. Proud of you Cora Larkin. Such a BIG GIRL.  Phew. Maury may have to potty train himself. 






No comments:

Post a Comment