Monday, August 29, 2016

Keeley's First Day of Kindergarten



As timeless as the first day of kindergarten is for all parents, it is hard to believe 5 years has gone by when it happens to you. Keeley has been ready and excited for kindergarten for so long, that I felt truly joyful just seeing her finally realize her dream of getting up on that bus and going off to school like one of the big kids. After picking out her blue dress, and putting on her new backpack, she was ready in plenty of time. Emmet went in late so that he could be there to send her off with me. I definitely felt teary eyed and amazed as I led her up the steps of bus #17 when it stopped in front of our home, thinking back on how far she's come since the day she was born in Miami, and the little girl she's become. I know Keels will thrive in whatever she does, and bring lots of smiles to everyone at Head O' Meadow Elementary. She has always loved people, and I know she will enjoy every teacher and friend she makes this year.














No comments:

Post a Comment