Monday, August 8, 2016

Keeley's First Soccer Camp

One of the experiences highlights of the summer for me, as a Mom, was watching Keeley go to soccer camp for the first time. My friend, Jill ,told me about a soccer camp in Bethel run though the parks and rec, with coaches from England, and I knew Keeley would love it. Having played soccer throughout my life, and having loved camp myself, it was a really fun perspective seeing Keeley from the sidelines as a parent as she explored the skills of passing, shooting, but mostly, at 4,  just listening to a coach and following directions. She loved her coach ,who was from Costa Rica, and called Jose, and she loved her time with her close friends fro preschool, Maddie and Kayla. 








Completing a week of camp made Keeley feel very special. She loves any opportunity to feel like a "big kid" and do "drop off" activities that makes her seem older than Cora and Maury. I am very proud of her and the way she embraced the new teammates in her group and the new instructors that she met. Now that I know she loves the sport, I will be happy and excited to sign her up to play on the Newtown Club team this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment