Friday, August 5, 2016

Long Island Summer Trips


Whenever I get to a phase where I feel like I'm prodding uphill as a stay at home Mom and I need a recharge, I always pack up the kids and head home to my parents'. Emmet needed to buckle down and study for his last week or two before the test, and I was tired of trying to keep the little ones occupied in Newtown. 

My Mom is one of 6 kids, and with my grandparents living next door, and lots of family living locally, you never know who will drop by and play with the kids for a bit. Uncle Rob was here today and spent all afternoon making Keeley and Cora laugh.






"Who is this guy?"




One of the things my kids love most about my parents house is the basement, which, like many basements has a lot of random and unusual toys to investigate. Cora melted my heart when she fell in love with the Matryoshka doll that i bought my Mom in Russia on one of my many trips. She loves "guys" (little dolls) of any sort, and these little nesting dolls were her friends for the entire morning.


 The other special thing about "Nanny's" is the beach. We went down to Venetian Shores, and after an entire summer of avoiding the water, Cora decided to run through the sprinkler park, and I was in shock watching her race through the fountains. I couldn't stop smiling.















NO one is happier than Grandma, who get her QT with her great grand babies whenever I come home.



And Getting to see my home girls and there kids is ALWAYS a bonus and hilarious.



Love you Grandma and Grandpa Fitz!


Last pic, of me and Gram, getting our nails done before I head back to CT.

No comments:

Post a Comment