Wednesday, April 20, 2011

An April Shower to Remember

Sunday I was at home packing feeling sad and kind of like a hermit. It seemed like I had been packing for hours and I still had things I needed to get rid of, Emmet had a huge test on his mind and was studying at the Annex, and I felt bittersweet about leaving our wonderland here on the rock. The girls had planned a "last drink at sunset" down on Portsmouth Harbor at a little bar called "Cabrits," but I was thinking I would just stay in and relax. However, being the good friends they were, the girls gently coaxed me into joining them anyway.When I got out of the transport and walked toward the water...


SURPRISE! There was a beautiful baby shower set up, just for me. I can't even describe how I felt, but there were definitely more than a few tears shed under my sunglasses. I had NO IDEA this was all going on. I wanted to share a few pictures on my blog for my memoirs and to show all of you the island shower I was a part of. I stole all of these pictures from Emily- she gets all the credit.
Now I can't begin to depict the creativity and craftiness that went into the makings of this shower, but let me provide a few examples. Reminder that we have no stores in this country. Everything was hand done, homemade, and from the heart.This is a pin that was handmade and pinned on me as soon as I arrived!
I have to admit these shoes are my favorite thing in the whole world right now-a better gift I could not have dreamed up. They are the very first present I have gotten for our child and for some reason holding a concrete little pair of sear sucker baby shoes made becoming a mother all seem so real. I can't get over Emily's talent in being able to hand create these little wonders, but I will keep them forever. Emmet loves the sear sucker and has matching pants. They must have known we were a New England family....
The girls cooked all of the food themselves. I was in awe of the beautiful buffet. There were homemade honey rolls with barbecued chicken, bow tie pasta salad, chips and snacks and the most delicious cupcakes topped off with little individual "baby" toothpick signs in them. It all tasted fabulous.

 The attention to detail impressed me to no end...
Couldn't ask for a more beautiful seaside venue
 Had to play some shower games... Scattergories, and questions about babies with answers from Emmet were the highlight

The sweetest girls in the world- Thank you with all my heart. Check out the homemade sign by Emily and Heidi in the background! You guys need to go into business...
Love this photo. Unforgettable day. Unforgettable women. Unforgettable shower. Can't wait to tell Baby Ferriter all about it some day...

No comments:

Post a Comment